We respect your privacy
Botanical Software Ltd is the data controller responsible for the processing of your personal data when you use our services, including Handheld applications, this website and the cloud database hosting service. Botanical Software Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services. For contact information see details below.
Collection and use of personal data
When you visit, use, connect or register an account on our services, we collect the personal data you actively provide to us, including:
The use of your personal data
We use personal data to provide, manage and improve the services on our website and in our application. We will only use your personal data when processing is necessary for the following purposes: To fulfil the obligations in the agreement to which you are a party, i.e.:
- to offer our services, improve the experience of our services and to manage our agreement with you;
- to ensure that the data content of our services is transferred to you and your devices in the most efficient way;
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement.
For complying with our legal obligations, i.e.:
- to comply with the tax and accounting regulations regarding retention of data.
We also employ third party services to collect anonymous data using passive data collection techniques such as log data or cookies. Read more about the collection of anonymous data here (Google Analytics traffic log cookies)
Collection of personal data
Users of software who have signed up with the cloud database service may record personal data on the cloud database hosting service. The service is managed by Botanical Software Ltd on behalf of the user (data owner). The personal data recorded is for the purpose of keeping track of the source of plant material and can include name, address, email and telephone number. Botanical Software Ltd does not process personal data recorded on the cloud database service unless specifically instructed by the data owner in relation to fault finding or other support related activites.
Disclosure of personal data
All personal data we collect from our customers or those interested in our Service are stored and maintained securely. We do not lend, lease, sell or market personal data, nor will we disclose purchase data or licence data to third parties.
Where your personal data is processed
European users’ data is stored on servers located within the EU/EEA, through a database on Microsoft’s solution Azure. For customers outside the EU/EEA, we use servers located in the US, Australia and Singapore.
Retention and deletion of personal data
Each customer determines how long the personal data will be stored, but we will not save your personal data beyond what we consider necessary for the purposes described above.
We will delete any personal data after the above described storage period or when the customer requests us to delete his/her personal data.
Users of the cloud database service are themselves responsible for managing their own data stored on the database service, which also includes retention and deletion of personal data.
Rights of users
We understand that you may require additional information on how your personal data is processed or that you may wish to update or correct the data you have provided. Therefore, you have the following rights:
- Right to access: you may contact us to get confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your personal data. Where we do process your personal data, we will inform you of what categories of personal data we process, the processing purposes, the categories of recipients to whom personal data has been or will be disclosed and the envisaged storage period or criteria to determine that period.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we store about you, rectified or completed.
- Right to erasure: in certain cases, e.g. when your personal data has been processed without a legitimate basis or when you have withdrawn consent to your processing (where processing is based on your consent), you have the right to have the data erased from our systems.
- Right to restriction of processing: if you contest the accuracy of your personal data or if you have protested against our legitimate purpose in processing your data, you have the right to require that we limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object: in certain cases, on grounds relating to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data.
- Right to data portability: in certain cases where our processing is based on your consent and carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to independently transmit that data to a third party.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: you have the right to file a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data to your competent supervisory authority.
- Right to withdraw consent: if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Third party tracking technologies and services
We can employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate, provide or perform the services on our behalf or assist us in analyzing how our services are used. The third party service providers of tracking technologies gather non-personal data using passive data collection techniques such as Log Data or Cookies.
Log Data when using Handheld Application: When you use our service, in case of an error in the app we collect data and information on your phone called Log Data, through the third party product Microsoft App Center. This Log Data can include data such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operation system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our service, and the time and date of your use of the service, and other statistics.
Cookies: A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers placed by a website onto a user`s computer when he or she accesses the website. When the user browses the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity. (Read more about cookies here).
We use Google Analytics traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used, and in order to provide meaningful reports about our visitors.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website or service.
We want to inform users of the tracking services through which these third parties may access your personal data, to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they will only have permission to process them on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions.
Our website and the App do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from children under 13. Should we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.