Dear Friends,

As the coronavirus has sadly taken hold in central Europe, we see that several predictions indicate that the spread of the virus is likely to peak in mid to late May 2020. For this reason, we have taken the difficult step to move the conference from 10th May to 29th October. We discussed the option of an on-line conference, but the feedback we have received is that social interaction is an integral part of a conference experience. In October, we hope that the conditions will be much better for us all to meet in person and catch up with each other.

If you have registered and wish to cancel, we will of course offer a full refund. It is our understanding that many airlines and hotels are very flexible with regards to the rescheduling of flights and accommodation and that your travel insurance should also be of service if you decide to cancel.

We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us in Mainz in October and are very sorry for any inconvenience.

Helpful resources

From our North American friends, we would like to share the “COVID-19: Guidance for Gardens” from The American Public Garden Association, which many of you might find helpful.

There is unfortunately a lot of noise in the media regarding the current situation, but we have found this article very helpful as it goes into some depth to outline how we can best prepare for what is coming.

We would like to wish you all the very best, in particular those individuals and communities that have been impacted by the coronavirus.

Kind regards,
The plant conference organizing committee.

Plant Record Conference re-schedule – Virus Update