Welcome to The Eden Project
The Eden Project welcomes the user community and PlantNetwork members to the UK Conference 2016. This year, we are very pleased to be able to hold the User Conference a day after the PlantNetwork “Plant Records Group” meeting, making it into an attractive 2 day event.
Note : The conference is open to everyone, whether you are an existing user or just eager to learn more about our product and services.
Open for Plantnetwork members and our users
We are very happy to welcome Plantnetwork members and our users. The conference is a convenient event to join if you would like to get an insight into what a modern plant collection management system can do for your garden.
Thursday, May 12th 2016
- PlantNetwork Plant Records Group Meeting.
More details to follow soon. Please note that there will be a separate registration for this event.
More details : http://plantnetwork.org/?p=16020
- Evening dinner.
We have booked a table for 07:30 at “Wreckers” on Charlestown road (Down by the harbour). Click for directions.
Friday, May 13th 2016
NB! We have moved the session from 08:00 to 09:00 AM. All delegates for the morning session can enter via the main gate. (Not the service gate as before)
- 09:00 Coffee / Registration (NEW TIME)
- 09:10 Early bird session: Introduction (Refresher course – Bring your laptop if you can)
- 10:30 Registration / Welcome
- 10:40 Implementing
- 19 collections and counting: the English Heritage plant records team. Christopher Weddell, Senior Gardens Advisor
- 3 years with plant record system at the National Botanic Garden of Wales. Dawn Moore, Plant Records Officer
- 11:30 Digging Deeper: Part One
- Mapping: The important points.
- Managing Taxonomy: From the basics to the nitty gritty.
- 12:30 Lunch (included)
- 13:30 Digging Deeper: Part Two
- Working with Events: The interconnectedness of all things.
- Label Management: From inventory to printing.
- Sharing data: Export and import, manual and automatic.
- 15:00 Best Practices
- When time is of the essence: Tips to be more efficient.
- Data Quality: Methods to improve completeness, validity, consistency, timeliness and accuracy.
- Questions and Answers
- 16:00 Finish
Good value accomodation is available at the nearby YHA Snoozebox : http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/eden-project
Other options near Eden Project : https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsNear-g528862-d2233181-Eden_Project-Par_St_Austell_Cornwall_England.html
The conference will be held at the Core Suite in the Core Education Building.
Price and Registration
Conference : Free
Registrations is now closed. However, if you still would like to join, please contact us asap.
- Havard Ostgaard, Botanical Software Ltd : firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to express our gratitude to Chris Bisson and The Eden Project for hosting this event.